Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Peace

Today I feel peaceful. I had my 1st doctor's appointment since getting a positive pregnancy test result. He did an internal exam and even took some swab samples to make sure there are no infections (being the worrier I am, I wanted to make sure my tubes are OK!). He estimated me to be about 6 weeks along; when he felt my uterus, he said it seems to be the right size for this point in the pregnancy (a good sign things are progressing well). I am going to have my 1st u/s next week. Please keep the bean in your prayers - God willing, they will detect a heartbeat this time!

Whether this one works out or not, I am so relieved to have found the doctor we will use to deliver our baby, when the time comes. He listened to all my questions and never made me feel rushed. He was compassionate and thorough. He told me not to jump the gun and worry about this one not working out; but he assured me, if I suffer another miscarriage, he will run every test under the sun to rule out any underlying conditions.

I know whatever happens is out of my control. I also know my dream of being a mother will eventually come true. I just need to sit back, relax, and enjoy the interim.

2 comments:

The Working Girl said...

sending you hugs from the FL!

Anonymous said...

So excited for you guys! I hope we get to hear good news after the u/s!